This website is owned and operated by Landmark Vehicle Hire Limited, Company Registration 03506573, also trading as Landmark Coaches Limited and Hi Lo Transport Limited.
We are committed to being transparent at all times and will only use your personal information in accordance with our responsibilities.
We are registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office.
We are required to provide you with the information in this Privacy Notice under applicable law which includes:
- The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679 GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) referred to as Data Protection Legislation.
- The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation 2003.
This notice tells you about how we collect,use and protect your personal information.
If you have any queries about our Privacy Notice, please get in touch with our Compliance Team.
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone – 01462 733764
- By Post – Landmark Vehicle Hire Limited, Unit 6, Arlesey Business Park, Mill Lane, Arlesey, Beds. SG15 6RF
How and when we collect information about you
When you directly give us information
We may collect and store information about you when you interact with us. For example, this could be when you –
- Ask us to provide you with a quote for Bus or Coach Hire.
- When you hire a Bus or Coach from us.
- When you request a place for your child on our School Bus Services.
- When you submit an enquiry.
- When you give us feedback.
- When you register a complaint.
- When you apply for a job.
- When you enter into a contract with us.
- When you are captured by CCTV recording.
- When you are captured by our Telematics System (Vehicle Tracker).
When you indirectly give us information
When you interact with us on social media platforms such as this Website, Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter etc, we may also obtain some personal information about you. The information will depend on the privacy preferences you have set on each platform. To change your settings on these platforms. Please refer to their Privacy Notices.
We may obtain information about your visit to our website, for example, the pages you visit and how you navigate the site.
What information we may collect
When you engage with us by phone, post, email, in person or on-line, we may collect information about you (Referred to in this Privacy Notice as Personal Information).
This may include the following –
- Personal Details – Including your name and job title
- Contact Information – Including email address, telephone numbers and home or work addresses to enable us to send out a quote, booking details or an invoice.
- Journey Types, Locations and Pick Up/Set Down Points
- Passenger Details – Including special requests.
- Demographic Information – Including addresses and postcodes.
- Other Information relavant to your quote or booking – Including Customer Satisfaction Surveys and/or Special Offers and Promotions.
- Other usual Business Data and Information.
- Job Applications – All data necessary to process a job application.
If you’re under 16
If you are aged under 16, you must get you’re parent/guardians permission before you provide any personal information to us.
Parent/Guardians are responsible for booking a place on School Bus Services.
How and why we use your Information
We will use your Personal Information for the following purposes –
- To provide you with a quote for Bus or Coach Hire.
- To Process a booking for Bus or Coach Hire.
- To provide School Bus Services.
- To Respond to a request – If you contact us with a query, we may use your personal information to provide you with a response.
- To Monitor and Evaluate our Services – We may use your information in order to improve current and future delivery of our Services.
- For Transactional Purposes – We will need to use your Personal Information in order for us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us for goods and services, for example, processing your order and payment for a product.
Also – See our Terms and Conditions on this Website.
- To Provide and Develop our Website – We may use your Personal Information to help provide you with access to our Website, personalise your experience and improve and develop it further.
- For Administration Purposes – We may use your Personal Information to record and deal with a complaint, respond to a compliment or for other essential record keeping and administrative purposes.
- For the Prevention of Crime – We may record your image on CCTV which we use to prevent crime and keep our Customers and Staff safe.
- For Safeguarding Purposes – We may use Personal Information for Safeguarding Purposes.
- For Legal and Regulatory Reasons – Where we are subject to a legal obligation, we may process your Personal Information to fulfill that obligation.
- For Customer Satisfaction Surveys – We may use your Personal Information in order to improve our services by follow up surveys after your trip.
- For Market Research – We may invite you to participate in surveys to help us improve our strategic development. Participation is voluntary.
- To provide Special Offers and Promotions – We may from time to time send you details of our Special Offers and Promotions.
Who do we share Information with?
We will only use your information for the purposes for which it was obtained. We will not, under any circumstances, sell or share your Personal Information with or to any third party for their own purposes and you will not receive marketing from any other Companies as a result of giving your details to us. This is subject to the following –
We will only share your Personal Information with third parties for the following purposes –
- We reserve the right to provide coaches and buses which are supplied by a third party operator In the event that we supply a third party vehicle, we reserve the right to share your Personal Information as necessary wth the third party in order to complete the booking.
- We reserve the right to share your Personal Information with Tour Operators, Hotels, Ferry Operators etc, as is necessary to fulfil our contract with you.
- We may need to share your information with third party suppliers who help us to deliver our services. These providers will only act under our instruction and will be subject to strict data protection arrangements.
- Where legally required: We will comply with requests where disclosure is required by law.
- We may also share your information with the Emergency Services if we reasonably think there is a risk of serious harm or abuse to you or someone else, or in the event of an emergency.
- We reserve the right to share your data with our Website designers, hosts and providers.
- In the event of damage to our vehicles or threats to our staff, we reserve the right to share Personal Information with the Police and our Insurers. In addition, and with regards to School Bus Services, we reserve the right to share Personal Information with the School, Local Authorities and for Safeguarding requirements – Social Services.
We will always aim to ensure that Personal Information is only used by those third parties for lawful purposes in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
How do we protect your information?
We use technical and organisational safeguards to ensure that your Personal Information remains secure.
We use the latest safeguards on our website and use secure servers. Our website is https// secured and is encrypted for your safety.
We limit access to your information on a “Need to know” basis and our staff are aware that they may only process Personal Information in accordance with our Data Protection Policy and this Privacy Notice.
Our “Quick Quote” forms are encrypted and use a “Captcha” system to prevent hackers and spammers.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to Information that we hold.
If you use your Credit or Debit card or use our Website Payment System to make a purchase from us, we will pass your card details securely to our Payment Processing Partners. We do this is accordance with Industry standards and do not store the details on our website.
We understand that additional care may be needed when we collect and process the Personal Information of vulnerable people. We will always observe the good practise guidelines in our dealings with vulnerable people.
How long do we retain your Information?
We will keep your information regarding financial transactions for as long as the law requires for tax and accounting purposes. (This may be up to six years).
CCTV images are usually overwritten after 30 days. In the event of an incident, we may retain such images for as long as is necessary.
Telematics Tracking information of our vehicles is retained for as long as necessary for legal purposes. Live information is freely available to the public on our website. By using our services – You agree to this.
All other information will be retained for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, based on information supplied by the Information Commissioners Office.
International Transfers of Information?
Due to the nature of our business providing coaches for International trips, we may on occasion need to use the services of a supplier outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) which may mean that your Personal Information is transferred, processed and stored outside of the EEA. This will only apply to Coach trips to Countries outside of the EEA.
You should be aware that, in general, legal protection for Personal Information in countries outside of the EEA may not be equivalent to the level of protection provided in the EEA.
We will put into place all steps to provide suitable safeguards to protect your Personal Information when processed by the supplier.
By submitting your Personal Information to us under this clause, you will agree to this transfer of information, storing or processing at a location outside of the EEA.
Your rights to your Information
Data Protection legislation gives you the right to request access to your Personal Information which is processed by Landmark Vehicle Hire Limited, Landmark Coaches Limited or Hi Lo Transport Limited.
You also have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Information, ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Information or to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
If you chose to exercise these rights, we will make every effort to comply with your request as soon as we can, and in any event no later than one calendar month from the date that we receive your request.
We do not make a charge for providing this service.
If you wish to exercise these rights, you can either contact us by-
- Post to – Compliance, Landmark Vehicle Hire Limited, Unit 6, Arlesey Business Park, Mill Lane, Arlesey, SG15 6RG
- or By Email to – email@example.com
In order that we can be sure that we are dealing with the person to whom the Personal Information belongs, we may ask you to provide up to two methods of identification.
How to make a complaint or raise a concern
In the first instance, we would ask that you contact our Compliance Team by post or email as above.
If you are still unsatisfied and wish to make a complaint about our approach to data protection or raise privacy concerns, please contact our General Manager.
In the event that you remain unhappy with our responses, then you can raise your concerns with the statutory body as below –
Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK95AF
Last Update – 20th May 2018